RI Hospital Children's Fund
UNAP Children's Hospital Fund
FUNDRAISER PARTY & PENNY SOCIAL*
Help us reach our goal of $5,000 to benefit the pediatric patients!
Thursday, May 30th, 5:00pm- 9:00pm
Ipad mini with wi-fi 32GB, 50/50 raffle,
plus other great prizes, gift certificiates & baskets!
Vanity Restaurant & Lounge 566 South Main Street, Providence
(located just over the Point Street Bridge, brick building by highway's edge)
includes complimentary glass of champagne, delicious small bites, free valet, mucho raffles, great atmoshphere & fun! All invited. Bring friends and family.
click on "Ticket purchase" to pay by credit card. It's fast and easy!
Tickets will also be sold at the RI Hospital Cafeteria on the following dates:
April 11, 16; May 3, 9, 16, 23, 28 (11:30am-2:00pm) all forms of payment accepted
mail checks to: UNAP Children's Hospital Fund, 375 Branch Avenue, Providence, RI 02904
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
* What is a penny social? Raffle items are displayed with a container in front of each item. You may place as many tickets as you wish in each container to increase your odds of winning. Raffle tickets will be sold at the event.
What is the UNAP Children's Hospital Fund?
The UNAP Children’s Hospital Fund was established in 1994 by the RI Hospital United Nurses & Allied Professionals to provide “extra” supplies and activities to help ease the hospital stay of pediatric patients at the Hasbro Children’s Hospital of Rhode Island Hospital. The Fund is a charitable, non-profit organization, and is an important part of our Union’s commitment to improve the quality of care for our patients.
The UNAP Children’s Hospital Fund is run entirely by Hasbro Children’s Hospital nurses. Our nurses are the ones who identify the needs, raise the funds, organize the events, and purchase the supplies for our patients. In the past fifteen years, our Children’s Hospital Fund has raised over $100,000, which has made it possible for our nurses to:
- purchase and convert little red wagons to be used as a “fun” alternative to wheelchairs.
- host parties, dinners, concerts, and other entertainment for patients and families;
- underwrite the publishing of 5,000 activities books based on the highly-regarded Hasbro Children’s Hospital Circle of Clay; and
- purchase physical therapy equipment, books, stickers, toys, televisions, videos, audiocassette players, personal hygiene items, dolls, and many other items for use by our young patients while they are in the hospital;
Our fundraising activities have included an annual benefit performance during National Nurses Week, a Children’s Holiday Festival at the Roger Williams Park Carousel, appeals through the United Way campaign, and other direct requests for support. In addition, the Fund receives significant in-kind support from the RI Hospital UNAP.
UNAP on YouTube