- For a copy of the Joan Medberry Memorial Scholarship application click on the following: 2017 Joan Medberry Scholarship Application
- All information requested must be supplied by the applicant. Any forms requiring signatures must be signed.
- Applications must include:
a.) Required essay legibly written or typed.
b.) Completed application form.
- Applicants must submit application form and related material by email or mail to:
United Nurses & Allied Professionals
375 Branch Avenue
Providence, RI 02904
Applications and material submitted are treated as confidential. The deadline for applying is March 31, 2017. Must be received by 4:00 P.M.
Review of applications will be during the month of April. Awards will be made in May for the next academic year.
Rules and Regulations & Qualifications
- Scholarship applicant must be UNAP members or child of UNAP member (under age of 25).
- Students must be enrolled in a degree granting institution and credit classes.
- Students must be enrolled at least halftime.
- Scholarship recipient must be UNAP member or child of a UNAP member at time of award.
Checks will be made payable to the individual. Please note: We will be publicizing the winners of the scholarships.
Process for Decision Making
- A three-person committee will choose the winner(s) of the scholarship. The committee will be comprised of three UNAP Executive Council members.
- The essay will be judged based on form and content.
- There will be up to three $1,000 scholarships awarded.