2016 Scholarship Winners
Julia Seddon of Comprehensive Care Melissa Godfrey, Coop 4
Isabelle Iannotti (child of Kim in Neuro) with her grandparents!
Congratulations to our 2015 winners
For information on our scholarship, please scroll to the bottom of the page.
(pic 1) Genevieve Parisi, pursuing her Nursing degree at UMass/Amherst. Pictured here with her Mom, Anne Parisi, RN, at RI Hospital.
(pic 2) Olivia Carter, RN, pursuing her degree as a Nurse Practitioner. Olivia currently works as a psych nurse at RI Hospital.
2014 Scholarship Winners!
Pictured left: Sharon Grady, Surgical Tech, pursuing her BSN
Pictured right: Leslie Brown, RN, pursuing her MSN. Congratulations!
Our 2013 Winners!
Nicole Femino (top photo) and Laurie DeRuosi who both work at RI Hospital.
The Susan McGuire-Pizzo Memorial Scholarship is sponsored by the RI Hospital United Nurses & Allied Professionals to honor the spirit and dedication of our beloved colleague. Sue brought a genuine commitment of caring to each of her roles as a mother, wife, nurse and union leader. She was an independent thinker, fair to all, loyal, and a survivor. Sue's lively personality and passion was obvious to all the lives she touched.
The Susan McGuire-Pizzo Memorial Scholarship will be awarded annually to a RI Hospital UNAP member or their child who aspires to improve their life, and the lives of others, by pursuing or advancing in a career as a health care professional.
Susan McGuire-Pizzo Memorial Scholarship Guidelines 2013
- Must be a RI Hospital UNAP member or the child of a RI Hospital UNAP member (under age 25) at the time of the award
- Must be enrolled or accepted in an accredited educational institution to obtain a degree, license and/or certification required to work in a health care profession
- Must be enrolled in school at least half-time
- Two $1,000 scholarships will be awarded each year
- Applications must be received no later than Friday, March 29, 2013
How to apply
Applicants for the Susan McGuire-Pizzo Memorial Scholarship may also be considered for the Joan Medberry Memorial UNAP Scholarship -- Please note that applicants will need to prepare a separate application and submit the required essay as outlined in the scholarship details.
To apply, applicants must submit the following:
- A copy of the Susan McGuire-Pizzo Memorial Scholarship application (click here for scholarship application)
- A copy of the Joan Medberry Memorial UNAP Scholarship application (click here for more the application form and information)
The Selection Process
Scholarship winners will be selected via a "blind" review of application materials by three members of the RI Hospital UNAP Executive Board or their designees.