RI Hospital UNAP: In the News
December 21, 2020
Dear Union Member,
Below are a few clarifications/updates from last week’s (Dec 17) communication:
Sick/Vacation Sell Election-Supposedly the Hospital will be putting out a communication with sign-upinformation this week. Be on the lookout for it.
Incentive Pay/Shifts- Some clarifications:
- Per DiemIncentive shifts paid at time and one-half, regardless of how many hours an employee has worked that week (plus the incentive bonus), are only applicable to standard hour employees.
- Per Diem A employees will not receive time and one-half for incentive shifts- instead they continue to receive the Quarterly Incentive Bonus (Article 43,s10) but at an increased percentage:
The Per Diem A Quarterly Incentive Bonus shall be increased from:
- 4% to 6% for hours worked of at least 125 and less than 250;
- 8% to 12% for all hours worked if total hours exceed 250.
The Union is continuing to work with the Hospital to include Per Diem A employees in this additional incentive, as well as expanding the overall program for all members.
- Exempt Employees will receive the incentive bonus for incentive shifts, but will not receive time and one-half for incentive shifts. The Union has advocated that Exempt employee be eligible for time and one half for incentive shifts. We will keep you apprised as we get more information.
Kronos- As issues continue to mount with the new system, please continue to bring any issues with pay, accruals, etc. to your manager. See the latest communication from the hospital HERE
Contact one of our Liaisons who may assist you with questions on the above issues:
Norman Farias (Mon/Tues) (401) 573-8114
Sherry-Ann Johnson (Wed/Fri) (401) 479-9199
Bill Deware (Thurs) (401) 345-6497
Frank Sims, RN, President
RIH-UNAP, Local 5098
Our Latest Newsletter for you to stay updated:
Clinical Advancement Program
New Nursing Clinical Advancement Program
The new Nursing Clinical Advancement Program (CAP), developed by the Professional Development Council, fosters a culture of professional development from the start of employment by promoting certification, education and lifelong learning, and recognizing clinical nurses’ contributions to their profession and their communities.
More about the program:
Your manager must preapprove your project.
Once you have discussed with your manager, contact Charlene Draleau at firstname.lastname@example.org to be paired with a mentor who will be available throughout the program.
You will then follow a guideline and checklist to record your progress and start building your portfolio, which you will use to apply to the program.
Application Deadline for the Clinical Advancement Program at RIH/HCH
Applications are accepted twice a year:
For the March 1 final submission, submit your portfolio to your mentor by February 1.
For the September 1 final submission, submit your portfolio to your mentor by August 1.